Animal welfare licences

Service information

To run a business involving, owning or keeping, being involved in the keeping or being entitled to control or influence the keeping of animals requires a licence from the local authority.

The Council may authorise an officer, veterinary surgeon or practitioner to inspect the premises

Apply Online

Animal boarding establishments

Performing animals registration

If you exhibit, use or train performing animals, in England, Wales or Scotland, you must be registered with your local authority.Lancashire County Council provides this service on behalf of Blackburn with Darwen.

Applications must contain details about the animals and the performances they are to take part in. Applications may be subject to a fee.


Contact us to find out more

Contact details

Mail Licensing Service, Davyfield Depot, White Dove Building, Roman Road Industrial Estate, Blackburn BB1 2LX
Phone Number(s) 01254 267666
Fax Number(s)  
Extra Information
We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Show ACCEPT COOKIES / DECLINE COOKIES option