The Corporate Plan 2016-19 agreed by elected members in December 2015, sets out for residents, staff and partners, the Council’s top priorities for the next three years. It describes how the Council will continue to improve services and prepare for the difficult financial challenge ahead.
As part of its development, elected members and officers across the Council considered the latest information about the needs of people of Blackburn with Darwen, the challenges and opportunities we face as an organisation and borough and also responses from what residents have told us, focussing on what we need to achieve locally and prioritise over the period of this plan.
This plan is not about capturing every single service area – rather the very key things we are all collectively determined to achieve through the priorities.
The Council’s six priority objectives for residents are:
- Creating more jobs and supporting business growth
- Improving housing quality and building more houses
- Improving health and well-being;
- Improving outcomes for our young people
- Safeguarding the most vulnerable people
- Making your money go further
And four long term strategic themes will be distilled into every portfolio to complement the Corporate Priorities.
The themes are:
- Image and Marketing of the borough
- Fairness / Equality / Cohesion
- Partnership working - residents / business / other key stakeholders
- Digital First