- Corporation park (18 ha) is a traditional Victorian park close to the centre of Blackburn.
- The park is now registered by English Heritage as a park and garden of special historic interest.
- Corporation park has been awarded the prestigious Green Flag award; the national standard for parks and green spaces.
- In 1996, Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council received approximately £3.7 million from the Heritage Lottery funding.This enabled restoration of many of the features of the park.
The park has many sports areas including
- 3 shale tennis courts
- 3 all weather courts
- 2 multi use game areas
- cycle track
- playgrounds - one formal, one natural
- bowling greens
- flat green grass areas
Corporation park supporters group
Corporation park has an active support group who help out in the park via events and volunteer days.
Please visit the Corporation park supporters group website for more information.
How to find the park
Directions from Blackburn town centre
0.5 mile from Blackburn town centre, head towards Preston on Preston New Road, A677
Public transport information
On road parking on East and West Park Roads and also Revidge at the top end of the park