Housing conditions

Service information

The council can give free advice or carry out a survey on a home if concerns have been made about the safety of the residents within a dwelling or the well-being of the people living at an address.

Most issues are resolved without the need to take formal action however the council can take enforcement action if the situation requires immediate action or the landlord/owner has failed to resolve the matter in a reasonable time scale.

In certain circumstances the council has the power to arrange for work to be done and the cost recovered from the owner/landlord.

The council can also restrict the number of people who can live at a property and the council have the power to prohibit the use of a dwelling if deemed necessary.

Contact details

Mail Private Sector Housing Solutions, N Floor, Town Hall, King William Street, Blackburn. BB1 7DY
Phone Number(s) 01254 585457
Fax Number(s)  
E-mail housingstandards@blackburn.gov.uk
Extra Information
We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Show ACCEPT COOKIES / DECLINE COOKIES option