- Witton Country Park comprises of 480 acres of beautiful mixed woodland, parkland, amenity grassland and farmland.
- There is a wide range of sporting facilities available.
- Witton has earned and retained the prestigious Green Flag Award status. The Green Flag Award scheme, managed by Keep Britain Tidy, is the national standard for parks and green spaces.
- The park has many areas which have either level access or are accessible via the use of ramps and hand rails. These include:
- athletics track and changing rooms;
- the Pavilion cafe.
A whole range of events and facilities take place which include:
- Athletics track;
- All weather sports turf;
- Mini soccer;
- picnic areas in woodland settings.
Kids playgrounds including:
- climbing apparatus;
- wobbly bridge;
- large musical instruments
Find out prices and how to book on the Pitches and Courts page.
How to Find Us
Directions from the nearest town
1 mile from Blackburn town centre, on Preston Old Road (the A674) heading towards Preston, via Feniscowles
Public transport information
- a large free car park is at the main entrance to the park off Preston Old Road A674;
- next to the all weather sports turf facilities;
- next to Pleasington playing fields pavilion;
- For disabled park users who wish to park at the visitor centre there is a barrier in place at the car park that can be opened with a RADAR key. This will allow access up the 400m drive (15 mph speed limit).