Due to essential maintenance Council Tax online accounts will not be accessible on Saturday, February 18 between 09:00 and 17:00.
To register to receive your Council Tax bill by email, you can either:
- Complete the online form - Please note that by continuing with this request, all people named on the bill agree to receive future Council Tax bills from Blackburn with Darwen Council by email to the email address you are about to provide. For accounts that have more than one liable party on the account, additional emails can be added. Any future bills will be issued as and when your account changes.
- Log onto your Council Tax account – you will need your online key and account reference number. Choose Account Details from the options and then select ‘switch to paperless billing’.
- Log onto your Benefits account - you will need your National Insurance Number and Current Claim Reference. Choose Council Tax Support and/or Housing Benefit from the options and then select ‘switch to paperless billing’.
Why receive your bill by email?
- Much quicker than delivery by post.
- Saves paper - better for the environment.
- Helps us to reduce our printing and postage costs.
If you change your email address please update your details in account details
If you have not received an online key
Online keys appear on paper bills from 19th January 2017.
Unless there is a change to your account, most people will not receive their online key until March when annual bills are issued.