Community development is about bringing out the best in our communities and getting the most out of our services.
How we do this
- strengthen community and voluntary groups
- make services respond to what is needed locally
- support councillors in their role as local leaders
- join up neighbourhood activities
The three main ways to achieve this are
- include everyone we can by reaching out to groups who may not yet be engaged.
- involve local people in seeking solutions to issues that effect neighbourhoods.
- empower local groups, leaders and providers to make a difference.
Neighbourhood help and advice
We can offer help and advice on a range of neighbourhood issues and learning opportunities including:
- Information about local activities in your local area, such as youth clubs, exercise classes, social activities etc.
- How to set up community groups to tackle neighbourhood issues.
- Help to become a volunteer.
- How to set up a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.
- Finding out about local meetings in your area such as Community Associations and Residents Groups.
- How to improve your neighbourhood through community clean-up events.
- Helping community groups to apply for funding to develop community projects.
- Supporting community events in the neighbourhood.
- Improve your Maths, English or IT skills through accredited learning courses.
- Improve your Health and Well-being through a wide range of workshops and activities.
- Work club's
You can access all this help and advice at one of these centres: