Payments are made direct from your bank to the Council's bank each month.
Direct Debit is the easiest, most convenient way of paying your Business Rates and it provides you with total control.
Please contact us to arrange direct debit payments.
We are able to offer a choice of payment dates and plans:
- 10 Instalments (April to January) due on the 1st of the month
- 12 Instalments (April to March) due on the 1st of the month
- 12 Instalments (April to March) due on the 15th of the month
Then each month on the due dates, we will ask your bank for payment direct from your bank account.
If the date of the instalment is a weekend or a Bank Holiday then the payment will be deducted on the first available following day.
The advantages of paying by Direct Debit are:-
- The Council and your Bank or Building Society does all the work.
- You are always told in advance of the dates and amounts to be collected giving you total control with time to query.
- You have no cheques to write, letters to post or need to queue.
- You can cancel the arrangement at any time - there's even a money back guarantee from your Bank or Building Society in the unlikely event of Direct Debits being presented in error.
Make payments to the council securely and online
24 hours a day 7 days a week
You can make a debit or credit card payment through our secure automated payment service by phoning 01254 588130 (option 3 )
This service does not issue a payment receipt but does quote a payment reference number which we would advise you to make a note of so it might be handy for you to have a pen and paper available when you call, as well as your ten digit account reference number.
At Pay point outlets
You can use your bill to pay by cash only at any Post Office or Paypoint outlet. You should take your bill along with your payment and the cashier will scan the barcode on the front of the bill.
If you have lost or misplaced your bill you can request a new one using our online service, this usually only takes a few days.
You can find your nearest Pay Point outlet via the Paypoint outlet locator
Internet/telephone banking & BACS
When making payment by any of these methods please quote
Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council Collection Account,
Royal Bank of Scotland plc,
58/62 King William Street,
Account Number 10048009
Remember you will also need your ten digit account reference number shown on your bill.
Cheques should be sent to:
BWDBC Business Rates Service, ADMAIL 3860, Blackburn, BB1 1WB
Please note: post-dated cheques will not be accepted
Please make your cheque payable to Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council and always remember to write your rates account number on the back of your cheque.
You should allow 5-7 working days for bank processing and/or postal delivery. Failure to do so could result in you losing the right to pay by instalments and additional costs being added to your account.
Please do not send cash through the post.