Independent member Police and Crime Panel for Lancashire wanted
We know we have people out there with the skills, attributes, curiosity and most of all interest in our counties policing that would be perfect for this role right here in Lancashire – we just need to find you!
Find out more >>>
The Police and Crime Panel (PCP) have the power to scrutinise Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) activities, including the ability to review the Police and Crime Plan and annual report, request PCC papers and call PCCs and Chief Constable to public hearings. The PCP can also veto decisions on the local precept and the appointment of a new Chief Constable. Find out more on the Police and Crime Commissioner's website.
The panel is a joint committee made up of representatives from the 15 local authorities in the Lancashire Police Force area (see below) together with two independent co-opted members.
- Lancashire County Council
- Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council
- Blackpool Council
- District Councils x 12
The Panel can exercise specific powers under the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011, and all other enabling powers, discharging its functions in accordance with the Policing Order 2011.
The panel's terms of reference will be available soon.
- Councillor A Bradley (Chair) – Chorley Borough Council
- Councillor A Lythgoe – Rossendale Borough Council
- Councillor A Kay - Blackburn with Darwen Council
- Councillor J Gibson – Lancashire County Council
- Councillor I Taylor – Blackpool Council
- Councillor S Graham – Burnley Borough Council
- Councillor J Plummer – Hyndburn Borough Council
- Councillor B Hughes – Lancaster City Council
- Councillor R Boswell – Preston City Council
- Councillor B Aitken – Fylde Borough Council
- Councillor D Whipp – Pendle Borough Council
- Councillor T Hill – Ribble Valley Borough Council
- Councillor P Elms - Ribble Valley Borough Council
- Councillor J Mort - South Ribble Borough Council
- Councillor K Wright – West Lancashire Borough Council
- Councillor R Berry – Wyre Borough Council
- Councillor P Gibson - Wyre Borough Council
- Councillor L Oades – Fylde Borough Council
- Vacancy (Co-optee voting) – Independent co-opted member
- Mr A Baghdadi (Co-optee voting) -Independent co-opted member
Details for recent meetings are held on the Council management information system
Older meetings papers archive