An opportunity for any couple who have already contracted a marriage or Civil Partnership and want to celebrate their relationship by re-affirming their vows in a unique and personal way. This can be at special moments in their lives, or to renew their commitment in the company of friends and family.
Each ceremony is unique to you and your partner. You will have the opportunity to work with one of our celebrants who will help you select and decide on a ceremony that is special for you and your family.
- This is an individual celebration that can be associated with special anniversaries, or can be used to signify a renewal of commitment when a relationship has been through a particularly stressful time
- It can be held to re-affirm the vows made at a wedding or civil partnership, which may have taken place in another country, when family and friends could not be present.
- It is entirely non-religious
- These ceremonies have no legal status they are purely ceremonial.
- The commemorative certificate is presented as a memento of the occasion. It has no legal standing.
- You can not have any religious content in your Renewal of Vows ceremony
- The Registration officers will be acting as celebrants and not in their official capacity as registration officers
- You will be required to produce your Marriage or Civil Partnership certificate to the Registration Officer at the time of booking your ceremony.
Arranging a renewal of vows ceremony
Any married couple or couple who have entered into a civil partnership can arrange a renewal of vows ceremony. Couples do not have to live in Blackburn with Darwen to arrange a ceremony in the borough.
Please contact us to discuss and arrange your requirements.
Choice of ceremony
You can choose how you want your ceremony to be. Each ceremony is unique and you will have the opportunity to work with a professional celebrant to tailor a celebration and occasion that is special for yourselves and your family / friends.
The ceremony can contain:
- Introduction and welcome
- Readings or music can be included
- Renewal of vows / pledges
- Exchange of new rings or re-dedication of original ring(s)
- Signing of the register
- Presentation of the certificate
- Closing words
You do not need to include every section in your ceremony. Each section can be as simple or as complex as you wish.
Normally we allow around 30 minutes for the ceremony
We currently offer the ceremony in the Blakewater Suite, Northgate, Blackburn and any approved premise in the borough. Ceremonies take place Monday - Sunday including bank holidays.
Please see the list of approved ceremony venues.
Please see the list of registrars fees for current prices.
The fees include a commemorative certificate as a record of the ceremony.
There is a non-refundable fee of £50 when a ceremony is booked.
Note: all fees include an initial meeting at the Register office with your celebrant to discuss your individual requirements and design your ceremony.