The Council has adopted a new code of conduct in line with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011.
The Localism Act places the Council under a duty to promote and maintain high standards of conduct for its members and co-opted Members.
The code of conduct for Members is consistent with the Nolan principles of selflessness; integrity; objectivity; accountability; openness; honesty and leadership
The Standards Committee folder on the Council management information system provides documents about the following:
- The Standards Committee for Blackburn with Darwen
- The new code of conduct and the law relating to standards
- Parish councils, town councils and the code
- The role of the monitoring officer, the Independent officer and the Independent Members of the committee.
- What will happen of the code is broken
- Making a complaint against a councillor