Help with bin collections: assisted collections

Information and guidance on how to request help with your bin collections, how to cancel your request for help, and how to report any issues

If you need help putting out your bins, and you meet the criteria, you can arrange for an assisted collection. This is where our collection crews will collect and return your bins from an agreed collection point outside your property.

You can also report an issue with an assisted collection. Examples of issues might be if the bin was not returned to the agreed collection point, or if sacks were not left by the crew.

If you need to stop using the service, please let us know. This might be because you have moved to another property or there is an able-bodied person who can help you. 

Who can apply for assisted waste collections?

We assess all applicants using Council Tax and Benefits data. We may ask you to provide medical evidence to support your application.

If you live with an able bodied person who is over the age of 12, then you will not be eligible for assisted collections. You can apply if you are:

  • over the age of 75
  • disabled, or have mobility issues
  • blind or partially sighted
  • pregnant
  • incapacitated

How long will my assisted collections last?

If you are pregnant or incapacitated, there is a time limit for assisted collections.

All other assisted collections last for a maximum of 3 years. After 3 years, you will need to apply again.

We have the right to check the information you provide against our records at any point. If your circumstances change, you need to tell us straight away.