Types of application

There are three types of application that you can make:

  • commercial, industrial or larger domestic projects: plans are drawn up and a full plans application is made
  • small scale domestic work: a building notice will need to be made
  • work that has already been carried out without building regulation consent where permission is now being sought: a regularisation application would need to be submitted for consideration

Please see further information on the types of application and whether you require permission, on the GOV.UK website.