Child protection

The Council provides advice on child protection enquiries and investigates where there is reason to be concerned that a child is at risk.

Our social workers are trained to provide support to families who are experiencing problems with parenting and behaviour management.

Advice is provided as to which services can be accessed to help support families experiencing difficulties.

They also provide individual support for children and young people in certain circumstances and investigate concerns about children who may be suffering from abuse.

Details of the local safeguarding arrangements can be found on the Local safeguarding adult board website.

If you have a concern about a child, please contact us.