Our Corporate Parenting Specialist Advisory Group works with the Executive Member for Children, Young People & Education to continuously improve how our corporate parents safeguard and improve the health, accommodation, education, and employment of Looked After Children. It is also responsible for addressing any recommendations made by Ofsted on all aspects within its remit. Membership of this Specialist Advisory Group is open to all elected members of the Council who may contribute in their capacity as corporate parents.
The group meets on a quarterly basis. Minutes of previous meetings can be viewed online.
Corporate parenting Executive Board
A Corporate parenting Executive Board has also been established to provide strategic leadership across the borough to ensure that all local authority departments and key partner agencies promote and champion their responsibilities as corporate parents to improve outcomes for our cared for children and care leavers. This Board supports and progresses the work of the Corporate Parenting Special Advisory Group and the Chair and Vice Chair of the Group are Board members.
Its objectives include:
- Championing the voice of the child for children in care and care leavers
- Providing the strategic link for the Children in Our Care Council and Voice Groups
- Promoting the broader responsibilities of each member agency to support children and young people in care and care leavers and hold each other to account
- Exploring new areas of development and share proposals and progress with the Corporate Parenting Special Advisory Group
- Providing strategic intelligence to the Corporate Parenting Special Advisory Group and contributing to and influencing a Corporate Parenting work plan