Updated 25.11.20 13:30
In light of the new national restrictions, unfortunately we have had to change some of our services with immediate effect. Please check back for regular updates.
- Blackburn Town Hall, Darwen Town Hall and Duke Street are all closed to members of the public. Please contact customer services on 01254 585585 if you are unable to find the information you need on our website.
- Council leisure facilities have also closed – please read further information here.
- Libraries are closed. Users can still use a click and collect service. At Blackburn Library we can offer limited computer access for those members of the public who struggle to access digital services from home. Please book in advance Tel: 01254 661221. Further information can be found on our library pages.
- Blackburn Museum and Art Gallery is closed.
- Community centres are closed. Some vulnerable groups can continue to access services and those groups have been notified directly.
- Cemeteries and crematoria are closed to the public except for funerals and commemorative, and to allow a person to pay their respective to a member of their household, a family member or friend.
- Our Household Waste Recycling Centres are open and bin collections will continue as normal.
- Taxi testing and MOT’s – the Davyfield Road depot remains open.
- Registration services – you can continue to register births, deaths and notice of marriages. Please make an appointment in advance – 01254 588660.
- Building control – services remain open with C-19 secure measures in place for site inspections. Some non-essential site inspections are postponed until restrictions lifted.
- Blackburn and Darwen Market Halls are open for essential goods only. These are food stalls, newsagents and takeaway.
The following public services can also stay open:
- NHS and medical services including dentists
- Jobcentre Plus sites
- Courts and probation services
- Services provided to victims
- Registrars office