If you have coronavirus symptoms, or have been in close contact with someone who has, please isolate and get tested immediately.
You are also advised to get tested if you’re experiencing minor viral symptoms that aren’t identified as the main ones for covid-19, or if you’ve been previously tested but have been feeling unwell recently.
We are also encouraging people who don’t currently have symptoms to get tested, particularly those under 30. This is because younger people are more likely to be asymptomatic (i.e. experiencing no symptoms)
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- high temperature
- continuous new cough
- loss of smell
- loss of taste
How to book your free test
What do you need to remember when going for your test
- To take your registration details or QR code
- Anyone driving to a test site is reminded to keep their car windows closed until the staff ask you to open them.
What to do if you test positive
- If you test positive for coronavirus, you must stay at home for at least 10 days and until you feel better. People in your household should stay at home for 14 days.
- Follow the national stay at home guidance for households with possible or confirmed Covid-19 infection.
- Blackburn with Darwen Test and Trace Team will contact you if NHS Test and Trace have been unable to contact you and you have tested positive for coronavirus (COVID 19).
- If you need practical advice and support as a result of household isolation, please contact the BwD Help Hub.