Covid-19 discretionary business grant programme
The deadline for receiving applications into the discretionary grant programme closed on midnight Sunday 14th June 2020.
The Council is currently assessing all of the applications which have been submitted.
Given the volume of applications, payments to successful applicants will continue to be made throughout July.
All businesses, whether successful or unsuccessful, will be notified of the Council’s decision regarding their application using the email address they supplied when completing the online application form.
Enquiries regarding the status of individual applications can be emailed to email@example.com
The Government has announced a number of measures to assist businesses in this difficult time. These include:
- A cash grant of £10,000 for all businesses in receipt of small business rate relief or rural relief.
- A cash grant of £10,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses who are not in receipt of small business rate relief but have a rateable value of up to and including 15,000.
- A cash grant of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with a rateable value of between 15,000.01 and less than 51,000
- Businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or over are not eligible for this scheme
If you believe you are eligible for either grant we would ask that you complete the online form and provide the required information. This will help the council get the money to you quickly. Any grants will be paid through your business bank account.
To apply you will need your:
- Business rates account number
- Bank account details
- VAT registration number (if applicable)
- Company registration number (if applicable)
100% rates discount; retail, hospitality, leisure and nursery businesses
There is a 12 month business rates holiday for all retail hospitality, leisure and nursery businesses in England.
Invoices paid to the Council
If your business is struggling to pay any outstanding invoices or accounts with the Council, then please get in touch with us as quickly as possible using our online form.
- Commercial rent
- Commercial waste collection
- Premises Licence
- Selective Housing Licence
Health and safety/food hygiene guidance for businesses
Blackburn with Darwen Council is doing everything in its power to support businesses during this period.
Local support for businesses
- #askforhelp at Boost; Lancashire's business growth hub
- The Hive: Blackburn with Darwen business network
Government support for businesses
The government is supporting businesses and their employees through a package of measures.
- GOV.UK Support finder tool
- Business support
- Covid-19: guidance for employees, employers and businesses