Who should pay Council Tax

Find out who is responsible for paying Council Tax.


If you are 18 years or over, live in a home you own or rent, you will need to pay Council Tax, unless:

  • you are exempt from paying Council Tax
  • your landlord or the owner of the property should be responsible