Personal information and data protection

Personal information request

You can request a copy of personal information that we hold about you.

Request personal information

Please note, if you are a care leaver or have been involved with children's social care when you were younger, and would like a copy of your records, you can make a request through our care leavers webpage.

On receipt of your request, we will always send you a written acknowledgement and may need to ask you for:

  • proof of identification if you have not supplied this already (copies of utility bills, driving licence or similar)
  • information about the nature of your request and your dealings with us so we can understand, identify and locate information that is relevant (where this is not already clear from your request).

If we do not hear back from you with confirmation of your identity and/or sufficient information to respond to your request within 2 weeks, we will not be able to process your request and it will be treated as lapsed for accounting purposes.

We aim to respond to each request within the 1 calendar month legal limit from the day after we have received your written request.

This period may be extended by two further months where necessary, should the complexity and number of the requests determine this is required. If this is the case we will write to you to inform you of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay

CCTV data requests

If you have been

  • the victim of a crime
  • involved in a road traffic collision  

we are unable to accept Subject Access Requests in these instances as we would only lawfully be able to provide images of you and not of third parties. 

For all requests for CCTV Footage in these cases, please refer the matter to the Police or your Insurers and ask that they follow the procedure for requesting CCTV footage