Feedback about children's social care

Information about how to give feedback about our children's social care, and how to make a complaint

Give us feedback

We want to make sure that we deliver appropriate support to the people using our services. It's essential that you let us know what you think of them. 

We want to know what you think is good, and also what you think can be improved. 

Your feedback is really important to us when making decisions or looking at changes to service delivery.

Please complete our children's social care feedback form to give us your views. It should take no more than 5 minutes. 

Children's social care feedback

Make a complaint

If you have a concern or you want to make a complaint, it is best to do this in writing. This means there is a clear record of why you are unhappy and what you would like us to do about it. You can contact us on: | 01254 585367

We will look into it and get back to you saying what we will do to put things right.

How to make a complaint

If you have approached the team responsible for delivering the services you are unhappy about, and you are still not satisfied, you have a legal right to make a complaint. We are here to advise you on the complaints procedure and support you to do that. We will always try to:

  • put things right
  • be customer focused
  • be open and accountable
  • act fairly and proportionately
  • use the opportunities to improve our services.

We aim to acknowledge your complaint within three working days of receiving it. We will discuss with you how the matters you have raised will be handled. If we think it will take longer than 20 working days to investigate, we will contact you to let you know. While this is happening, if you need any information or advice, or are dissatisfied in anyway, then please contact us. We will do all we can to put things right for you.

You will not discriminated against for making a complaint.

If we cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, then we will advise you on how you can take your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.