The Council will be processing the information you provide in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations, the Data Protection Act 2018 and any other applicable legislation. The information will be held and processed for the purpose of handling your claim.
How we use your information
If you make a claim against the Council, we will:
- Ensure that any information provided is handled in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations;
- Only ask for the information needed to process the claim;
- Use the information only to process the claim and to safeguard public funds ;
- Keep your information secure and ensure that where we share information with others such our insurers that they also adhere to the Data Protection Act to keep your information safe; and
- Ensure that your information will not be used for any other purpose including commercial use.
If you make a claim against the Council, you agree that:
- You will provide all of the information we need to process your claim;
- That we may need to request further information in order to process your claim and that you will provide this to us;
- If we do not have all of the information required the Council may not be able to process your claim;
- You consent to your data being shared with our appointed claims handlers and insurers who process claims on our behalf;
- Your information may be shared with other Council departments or public bodies who are responsible for auditing or administering public funds, in order to prevent and detect fraud;
- We may check the information you provide with fraud prevention agencies and databases, including the Claims Underwriting and Exchange Register and the Insurance Fraud Bureau;
- If the Council is liable to meet your claim but you owe money to the Council, we may offer a reduced settlement to offset the amount you owe;
- If you do not accept a reduced settlement in these circumstances, we will issue proceedings to recover the money you owe and the cost of these proceedings from you;
- If you give us false information to make a claim, we may take action against you.
You have the right to request that the Council stops processing your personal data in relation to any council service. However, this may cause delays or prevent us delivering a service to you. Where possible we will seek to comply with your request but we may be required to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.
We try to ensure that any information we hold about you is correct. There may be situations where you find the information we hold is no longer accurate. You have the right to have this corrected. If you tell us about incorrect information we hold about you we will then check the accuracy of the information we hold and take any appropriate steps to ensure that the information is accurate.