The Council prioritises work around mental health and suicide prevention.
To support that work we have gathered information and contact details signposting to various partners, services and areas of support:
- Zero Suicide Alliance
- Coalition of like-minded partners are working together to help rid the UK of suicide by initially raising awareness of a free online suicide prevention training programme.
Take the training
Visit the Zero Suicide Alliance website.
- Lancashire Women care
- Working with women and men over 16 in Lancashire to improve their mental health and wellbeing.
Visit the Lancashire Women website or call: 0300 330 1354
- Big White Wall
- 24/7 Online and anonymous support for mental health.
Visit the Big White Wall website and enter your postcode to register
- CALM – Campaign Against Living Miserably
- Need help? Call our helpline…0800 585858. 5pm-midnight 365 days a year.
Visit the CALM website
- Lancashire Mind
- For better mental health. Call: 01257 231660.
Visit the Lancashire Mind website
- Time to Change Blackburn with Darwen
- Let’s end mental health discrimination.
Find out more online
- Silence. The biggest killer of young people in the UK. Suicide. We need to talk about it.
Visit Papyrus online
- Talk to us any time you like, in your own way – about whatever’s getting to you. Call: 116 123
Visit the Samaritans website.
- The Consortium Families Health and Wellbeing
- Support group for people bereaved by suicide. For further information call: Angela on 07717 530621 or Tony on: 07486 074561
- Inspire and Go2 – Blackburn with Darwen. Drug & alcohol service / young people’s service.
Find out more about CGL online.01254 495014
- Care Network
- Care Network Hub is Blackburn with Darwen’s one stop shop for services to support your health and wellbeing. 9 Town Hall Street (opposite Blackburn Library).
Visit Care Network online. (01254) 507255
- The Men’s Club
- A weekly meet up to talk, listen and support each other. Plus guests who offer advice around work, health, wellbeing, money, relationships, housing and more.
Care Network Hub (opposite Blackburn Library.) (01254) 507255
- Let’s talk to prevent male suicide
- Suicide is the biggest killer of men under 49. Together we can help to prevent suicide.
Find out more about the campaign online.