We want to know what you think our spending priorities should be for the next financial year
Green homes grant
The government’s Green Homes Grant is now available to Blackburn with Darwen residents.
The grant is worth up to £10,000 per property for qualifying residents and the grant scheme is available to owners-occupiers, private tenants and social tenants, although a contribution from a landlord will be required for all rented properties.
If you and your property are eligible, the following energy efficient measures may be covered by the grant:
- Insulation (solid wall insulation, loft/cavity, room in roof and underfloor)
- Renewable heating technologies
- Energy efficient external doors and window upgrades (single glazed to double glazed)
(This funding does not cover gas boiler replacements)
You may be eligible if:
- your property has a low Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of band D, E, F or G
- you own the home (including shared ownership and park homes on residential sites)
- you are in receipt of qualifying benefits
- you are a residential Landlord
- the occupants of the home have a combined gross annual household income of less than £30,000 per year and have savings under £16,000
Green Homes Grants are available through 'Cosy Homes in Lancashire' (CHiL) the Affordable Warmth initiative established by the 15 Local Authorities in Lancashire with the aim of reducing fuel poverty across the county.
You can find more information and apply for the grant, online via Cosy Homes in Lancashire