Housing conditions

We can give free advice or carry out a survey on a home if concerns have been made about the safety of the residents within a dwelling, or the well-being of the people living at an address.

Most issues are resolved without the need to take formal action. However, we can take enforcement action if the situation requires immediate action or the landlord/owner has failed to resolve the matter in a reasonable time scale.

In certain circumstances, there is power to arrange for work to be done and the cost recovered from the owner/landlord.

We can also restrict the number of people who can live at a property. This is as well as having the power to prohibit the use of a dwelling if deemed necessary.

Landlord banning order policy