Librarian - Stock
|Category:||Grade F £23,369 - £26999 p/a|
Grade F £23,836 to £26,999 per annum, pro rata
Based at Blackburn Library, permanent 37 hours per week, flexible working with rota’d alternate Saturday working.
You should either be a Qualified Librarian, or educated to degree level with significant experience of working in a public library setting.
We are a small library service, but we are ambitious and passionate about the services we offer and always strive to improve and extend our customer experience.
Libraries change us for the better and help us to lead healthier and happier lives.
We are looking for a talented and motivated team leader to manage and develop our bibliographic and support services. As head of a small team you will be responsible for the effective provision and management of all printed and digital resources and related management systems. You will have a strong believe in the value of our services and the difference libraries make in our communities. You will be actively involved in service promotion, particularly in relation to literacy development and digital inclusion.
You will be:
- a strong leader with the ability to manage and motivate others
- customer focused
- experienced in using digital resources as they relate to the business of public libraries
- approachable with and an excellent communicator who will engage with a range of groups to promote and develop the service
- confident in using digital resources and systems as they relate to the business of public libraries
- self-motivated, organised, able to solve problems and to make clear and sound decisions
- enthusiastic and keen to ensure libraries make a difference in our communities
We’re waiting to hear from you!
You will be required to work across sites within the Borough and attend regional meetings.
In addition to your CV, please include supporting information which evidences how you meet the criteria detailed on the key requirements document.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Can you provide evidence of your right to live and work in the UK?
- Are a qualified librarian or educated to degree level?
|Contact Name:||Miss Adele Karwat|