We are genuinely delighted that you want to find out more information about our vacancies in Social Work and Social Care in Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council.
We pride ourselves on our Community spirit and you may already be aware of our reputation for responding positively and getting things done well. The reality is that we achieve highly but there are challenges too as I am sure you will expect with the type of work we do, therefore, we would always prefer to meet you to chat properly and welcome you to contact us to come and have a look around.
At this point in time, things are a bit different due to Covid 19 however in Blackburn with Darwen we have also used this time to innovate and improve our services. We value our whole Social Care workforce and have all pulled together to continue to offer face-to-face as well as virtual support to our citizens.
In the face of extremely difficult times, many of our staff are still partly office based following Covid safe arrangements with flexibility to work from home as required. We continue to offer Induction for new staff, excellent support, training and interesting placements for our trainee workers and Apprentices.
We are very aware of our staff wellbeing and despite the worries that we all have about friends and family, we still manage to have some fun and share virtual social events via Microsoft Teams, which all employees have access to.
Things that you might want to know about working here:
- Beautiful facilities (with own car park): Our purpose built brand new building known as ‘Duke Street’ houses the majority of our Children’s and some of our Adults employees. Some teams are based in various locations in the community and work alongside health and other partners. At Duke street we have open plan offices, roomy, modern facilities, great IT kit with flexible docking areas; our employees love it! Social workers tell us that they really enjoy working in one building where they have easy access to management support and visible Senior Leadership.
- Less travelling: The vast majority of your work will be within the Blackburn with Darwen boundary so no need to spend ages wasting time travelling miles or having to join busy motorways to get to your appointments – just more time doing the job you love
- Flatter structure: We try to keep our structures as flat as possible whilst still maintaining lots of support for people – all our management team are in the same open plan office space so are easily accessible and we encourage everyone to talk to each other and build strong relationships
- Enviable CPD: We have excellent CPD arrangements in place with a full and comprehensive development programme for all, you can find out more by talking to us or looking at our development pages
- A place for you to innovate: We want to revolutionise the social work world at Blackburn with Darwen and need your strength, experience and motivation to help us achieve this ambitious aim
We embrace relationship based practice, innovation and strategies to support you including options for agile working, flexible working arrangements, digitisation and wellbeing programmes. We have an absolute focus on improving the context in which social work practice takes place and this includes having delivered on a commitment to reduce caseloads and maintain strong continuous personal development and opportunities to progress.
We appreciate the time and effort involved in applying for jobs and we want to try and help you as much as we can so if there is anything at all you think we could do in addition please contact us.
Thank you so much for visiting our website, we would like to wish you every success with your application and even if you choose not to apply, it is lovely knowing that you wanted to find out more about us.
Jayne Ivory : Strategic Director Children’s and Education
Sayyed Osman: Strategic Director Adults and Health
How to apply
Our vacancies are advertised, so keep checking back for the latest opportunities