- All ward members will be notified and consulted on nominations received before they are considered by the Council. Ward members will be able to make written representations to the planning manager (development management) and will be notified of the decision. When the planning manager (development management) is considering nominations, this is not in the form of a public meeting. All written correspondence received from interested bodies would be considered.
- If a decision is made to list a property, the owner of that property may seek a review and appeal the decision. The review/appeal would be determined by the Strategic Director of Place in consultation with the Executive Member for Growth & Development and the Executive Member for Resources. Ward members will be notified of any such review/appeal and will also be notified of the outcome.
- A property owner can claim compensation for any loss or expense incurred as a result of complying with the requirements (for example during the sale of the property). The Head of Property and Projects will look into and decide on such claims - before agreeing on any payment of compensation, he will consult with the Director of Finance and the Executive Member for Resources.
- Council owned property may also be nominated and would need to be considered under the same process. If a conflict of interest arises, ward members will need to seek advice from the Council's legal department.
- If a property owner is dissatisfied with the Council’s internal review/appeal, they may appeal to a first tier tribunal. This would be an appeal against the Council’s decision.