Her Majesties Land Register
Blackburn With Darwen Borough Council is pleased to announce that we are working with HM Land Registry as part of the Local Land Charges migration project. It is anticipated the Local Land Charges Register will migrate to HM Land Registry in Spring 2021. At the present time, the specific date is not yet agreed and services remain unaffected. This web page will be updated with the latest information as the project progresses.
Planning explorer availability
The planning explorer will not be available on 12th, 13th, 19th, 20th and 21st October whilst we make improvements to the system. There may be some disruption to the service.
Our online map is now available. The map lets you access all the information you would currently inspect at the Council offices during a personal search appointment, This information is now available at any time of the day. The existing paper plotting sheets will now be archived.
The highways information computer in the Old Town Hall Reception area has been removed as the information will also be available on the online map.
The new online map will allow you to view information relating to:
- Adopted Development Plan
- Planning History from 1st January 1977
- Listed Buildings
- Conservation Areas
- Article 4 Directions
- Mineral Safeguarding Areas
- Business Improvement Districts
- Common Land
The information could be up to 24 hours out of date.
Queries regarding the online map should be sent to email@example.com
In line with Covid-19 Government guidelines around social distancing, we have been working on an alternative electronic method of providing access to the Local Land Charges Register. We are now in a position to accept such requests.
As of 22nd May there will be two ways to obtain this information:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (free of charge) with your search request which must include a clear up to date plan showing the property/land you wish to be searched, edged in red. In the subject title of the email please state "Personal search request". You will then receive an unrefined copy of the register with a disclaimer ‘This data is unrefined, it is your responsibility to determine what is relevant’. Most of the data you receive you will be able to reconcile with information you have found on the new mapping system.
- Submit an official LLC1 (current fee £19.63), along with a clear up to date plan showing the property/land you wish to search outlined in red. If submitting by email, please state ‘LLC1 request’. Please also include contact details for payment. You will receive an official search response detailing the relevant charges to your property/land, which will have been reconciled by the local land charges officer.
The current service of requesting CON29 individual data and EIR requests will remain unchanged. Please send in your CON29 requests separately from your personal search request stating CON29 request in the subject title.
All requests will need to be emailed and there will be a limit of 6 per company per day until such time as we have cleared any backlog.
Thank you for your continued patience throughout this difficult time.
As well as local authority searches, companies can also carry out personal searches. These are private companies who inspect various public registers and apply for the relevant information to answer the CON29 questions.
Local Land Charges register
There are two ways to obtain this information.
For an unrefined LLC1 please email email@example.com free of charge including a plan with a red edge. You will then receive a copy of the register and it is your responsibility to determine what is relevant’. Most of the data you receive you will be able to reconcile with information you have found on the new mapping system.
Submit an official LLC1 (current fee £19.63), you will receive an official search response detailing the relevant charges to your property/land, which will have been reconciled by the Local Land Charges Officer.
The remaining CON29 information is available in two ways:
- To get the information to you quickly, we will search and provide the data to you. There is a charge for this service as it involves staff examining information and selecting the precise information needed for your search. Such requests are known as individual CON29 requests; you may already be familiar with these. If you wish to use this service, please complete the application for available in the documents section below, and send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fees for each individual enquiry are shown on the application form.
- We can also deal with your request under the environmental information regulations. If you choose this option it will take a little longer to complete, but in any case it will take no longer than 20 working days. If you choose this option, you will need to let us know but you do not need to complete a further form. How to make an environmental information request.