Housing Benefit information for landlords


Private tenants on a low income and who have less than £16,000 in savings may be eligible to claim help towards their rent. As Blackburn with Darwen is a full service Universal Credit area, your tenant may claim help with their housing costs via Universal Credit and not Housing Benefit.​

Find out more about Universal Credit​

New claims for Housing Benefits can only be made if either of the following apply:

  • they have reached State Pension age
  • they are in support, sheltered or temporary housing

Further information on Housing Benefits can be found on the GOV.UK website