Housing Benefit information for landlords

Changes in tenant circumstances

If you are aware of any changes in your tenants circumstance then you must inform us straight away to avoid any overpayments.

If Local Housing Allowance has been paid directly to you then you may be responsible for paying back any overpayment.

Visit the Valuation Office Agency website for the current Local Housing Allowance rates.

The claim will be suspended whilst we determine the change but we will advise you if this happens.

Discussing a tenant's claim

We will share some information with you if your tenant has signed the landlord information sharing agreement of the claim form. However, even where this has been done, we can only share very limited information due to data protection rules.