You can upload your photograph, proof of ID, proof of address and any supporting evidence.
This will save time and allow us to process your application quickly, without the need for you to post or bring documents to our town halls.
By law we have to keep a list of all vehicles that we issue licences for. This is why we ask for the registration number(s) of any vehicles that you will use.
At the end of the application form, you will have the option to upload these documents electronically.
Please make sure that the scans are clear and legible and that photographs are of a passport quality.
We may ask to view the original documents if they are unclear. If you don't have them available, you can save your application (make a note of the tracking reference number) and come back and upload documents at a later date.
If you do not have access to the internet at home or work, you can use our public access PCs at one of our libraries or town halls.
Staff at Blackburn Town Hall can help you to complete the form if needed.
If you are unable to visit one of our public buildings, please contact us on 01254 585381 and we can arrange an appointment to help you with your application.
Sometimes demand for this service can be high and your appointment may be several weeks and could extend beyond the expiry date of your badge. Please make sure that you book these appointments well in advance to avoid any disappointment.
Once you have submitted your application, we will contact you within 10 working days to let you know if your application has been successful. We will advise you on what evidence and documentation you need to provide next.
Please do not send documentation to us until we have been in contact with you.
Below is a list of evidence that you may be required to provide:
- Evidence of qualifying benefits (i.e. DWP award letters)
- Details of treatments and medication of any on-going conditions.
Below is a list of items that you will be required to provide:
- A colour, passport-sized photograph of yourself with your name, application reference number and date of birth printed on the back.
- 2 proofs of ID (valid passport, driving license or birth/marriage certificate)
- £10 administration payment. Please note that we will only accept credit or debit card payments, we no longer accept cash or cheques.