There are several schemes for residents with permit parking around Blackburn:
- 5 schemes are ‘match day only’ - usually from 2 hours before kick-off until 1 hour after kick off. Enforcement outside these times may be completed upon request from the residents
- Schemes based around the town centre, Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital and Darwen are usually enforced from 8am-6pm, Monday to Saturday.
Permits are valid for up to 12 months with different charges, depending on the scheme.
There are no discounts for applications received during a contracted term.
If you are a valid permit holder and wish to change your vehicle details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the relevant form.
To find out if your street is listed within a scheme, please email email@example.com.
Applying for a residential or visitor parking permit
Please request an application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We refer to ‘applicant’ as the person making the application. The applicant must be a resident within the scheme area.
Your completed application form must be returned with all of the following:
- signed terms and conditions (see reverse of application form)
- a copy of one of the following recent documents:
- council tax bill
- business rates bill
- utility bill (last 6 months) for the property within the scheme
- full payment by cheque or postal order. Cheques/postal orders should be made payable to the Council. Please do not send cash.
If you are applying for a ‘resident’ permit, your completed application must include a copy of the vehicle registration document or an insurance document for each vehicle. If there are no vehicles registered to the address, the property cannot apply for a ‘resident’ permit.
If you have any issues with paying by cheque or postal order please contact email@example.com for more advice.
Permits cannot be issued at the town hall reception.
Reception staff cannot take payments and do not provide photocopies of documents even if asked.
If you are no longer living at the property, you must return all permits registered in your name to the Council as they will be no longer valid.
Any vehicle not displaying a valid permit may be issued with a penalty charge notice.
As a resident, you are entitled to purchase a maximum of 2 resident permits and 1 visitor permit for each of the properties that you pay council tax for.
Resident permits (max 2 permits) – these are for residents of the property who have vehicles registered in their name at the applicants address. We require proof that the vehicle is registered to the above address such as a vehicle registration document or insurance document that clearly states the vehicle registration number and the applicants address.
Visitor permit (max 1 permit) – these are for people to use when they are visiting the applicant’s property. As a resident you can purchase 1 visitor permit per property.