- 5 schemes are ‘match day only’ - usually from 2 hours before kick-off until 1 hour after kick off. Enforcement outside these times may be completed upon request from the residents
- schemes based around the town centre, Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital and Darwen are usually enforced from 8am-6pm, Monday to Saturday
Permits are valid for up to 12 months with different charges, depending on the scheme.
To find out if your street is listed within a scheme, you can view our parking schemes by street.
As a resident, you are entitled to purchase a maximum of 2 resident permits and 1 visitor permit for each of the properties that you pay council tax for.
Resident permits (max 2 permits) – these are for residents of the property who have vehicles registered in their name at the applicants address. We require proof that the vehicle is registered to the above address such as a vehicle registration document or insurance document that clearly states the vehicle registration number and the applicants address.
Visitor permit (max 1 permit) – these are for people to use when they are visiting the applicant’s property. As a resident you can purchase 1 visitor permit per property.
There are no discounts for applications received during a contracted term.
We are working to improve our online permit application process. In the meantime, if you require a residential or visitor parking permit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- full name
- full postal address for which the permit is required
- type of application - new, renewal or change of vehicle/details
- method of receipt - email and/or post
If you are a valid permit holder and wish to change your vehicle details, please email email@example.com to obtain the relevant form.
If you are no longer living at the property, you must return all permits registered in your name to the Council as they will no longer be valid.
Any vehicle not displaying a valid permit may be issued with a penalty charge notice.