- Queens Park, (33 acres) a traditional urban park on the south east side of Blackburn has won the prestigious Green Flag Award.
- The park was officially opened on June 20 1887, at a cost of £10,000 when it was dedicated as a Golden Jubilee memorial to Queen Victoria.
- Tree planting ceremony marking the 100th anniversary of the park's opening took place in 1987 when two oak trees were planted close to the boat house.
- A group of forty trees were also planted in 1992 in honour of the Golden Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II.
Directions from the nearest town
1 mile from Blackburn town centre, head towards Accrington along Audley Range, turn up Queens Park Road to reach Queens Road which encircles the park
Public transport information
- bus and train timetable information
- nearest railway station is Blackburn, 1 mile
On road parking around the park on Queens Road