Roe Lee Park is an urban fringe park, spread across 17 acres, with bowling greens, kick around area and children's playground.
- two multi-use game areas (MUGA's)
- paddling pond
- play area
- skate park
- woodland walk
- dell area
- bowling greens
- community pavilion.
The park was opened in 1923 by Mr John Duckworth, a senior member of the firm Duckworth and Eddleston. The firm gave the site to serve the growing population in the Whalley New Road district.
The housing surrounding the park is typical of the garden city style development: semi-detached and short terraces set in spacious gardens, in tree lined roads and with landscaped parkland nearby.
Roe Lee Park Friends Group
How to find the park
Directions from the nearest town
The park is 2 miles from Blackburn town centre, on the A666, Whalley New Road heading towards Clitheroe via Brownhill.
Public transport information
You can get to Whitehall Park by bus or train. Ramsgreave and Wilpshire rail station is the nearest station (0.5 miles), and Blackburn rail station is 2 miles away.
On road parking on Roe Lee Park Road around the park.