This trail explores the fascinating industrial and agricultural history of the southern part of the village of Tockholes.
The village is situated right on the very edge of the beautiful West Pennine Moors, two miles of the west of Darwen.
The historical content of this walk is courtesy of Tockholes Time Team.
- allow two hours for this 3miles/5km walk
- 70% of the route is along farm tracks
- 30% of walk follows footpaths over farmland so sturdy footwear is advisable particularly after rain
- along the route there are 3 stiles and 1 kissing gate
- Victoria Hotel, Golden Soney Tockholes BB3 0NL
- grid reference SD 661 228
- bus service 223 Blackburn - Tockholes - Belmont
- bus service 38 Darwen - Tockholes
There is no public car park but the Victoria Hotel has a car park for customers.