Alcohol related crime and disorder petitions

If your petition is about crime or disorder linked to alcohol consumption, the Council will, among other measures, consider the case for placing restrictions on public drinking in the area by establishing a designated public place order. The Council may also, as a last resort, impose an alcohol disorder zone.

When an alcohol disorder zone is established, the licensed premises in the area where alcohol related trouble is being caused are required to contribute to the costs of extra policing in that area.

The Council’s response to your petition will set out the steps we intend to take and the reasons for taking this approach.