Before making an application for planning permission, we recommend that you first seek advice from the Council on planning applications .
We encourage you to apply and pay for your planning application online via the Planning Portal, to help speed up the process.
The benefits of this are:
- there is guidance available online
- you can save and work on your application in draft
- you can submit at any time without the delays and cost associated with traditional postal systems
- you can attach all the necessary documents
- you can buy location plans and site plans
- you can pay electronically via the Planning Portal when you make the application
- you can archive your application with a download facility for storing on your own computer
- it saves you the cost of paper.