If you feel an area has fallen below standard or you notice an overflowing litter bin or feel the area would benefit from an extra litter bin, please contact us.
Please see litter and fly-tipping to report any of these.
- all main roads (except rural roads) are cleaned weekly
- rural roads are cleansed on a three-week cycle
- residential areas are litter picked and/or swept on a rota basis
- litter bins are emptied at least once a week, but if it is found that a bin needs more frequent emptying, it could be done 2 or 3 times a week
- both Blackburn and Darwen town centres are cleaned twice daily and all litter bins within the town centre are emptied daily
Due to the limited resources, the number of times a street can be cleaned is unlikely to be increased.