Dead animal disposal

The Council will only dispose of a dead animal if it is on the public highway or on council land - if this is the case, please report this to us.

Landowners are responsible for disposing of dead animals found on private land.

If you wish to report a dead animal on the highway we will need to know:

  • the exact location
  • the type of animal it is or approximate size
  • if it is causing an obstruction to traffic or pedestrians

Report a dead animal

Dead birds

There are special rules about reporting groups of dead birds, please see the DEFRA website for further information.