Demand responsive transport
We understand the worry and stress caused when people lose a bus service, be it a link to the shops, the hospital or to see friends.
Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council has been working closely with small local operators who offer specialised door to door services (aka demand responsive transport) for those who:
- are struggling to get out and about
- find it too far to walk to the nearest bus service
- find their shopping too heavy to carry home
- need to attend hospital appointments or visiting.
Operators who offer this service are:
- Dial a ride (wheelchair accessable)
- 01254 200333 / 01254 200088. email@example.com
- Travel Assist
- 01254 773765
- RVS Community Transport
- 01200 442513. 41A Moor Lane, Clitheroe, Lancashire, BB7 1BE.
For more information on these services, days of operation and fares, please contact the relevant operator in terms of your specific requirements and needs.
Information can also be requested from the Visitor Centre.