Challenge Fund tranche 2A
In February 2017, the Department for Transport invited applications for challenge funding.
The purpose of the fund is to enable local highway authorities in England to bid for major maintenance projects that are otherwise difficult to fund.
The fund is designed to help maintain and improve existing local highways infrastructure.
Blackburn with Darwen Council has applied for a £1.85 million scheme to reconstruct and resurface several sections of main road in the borough which will:
- reduce disruption due to piecemeal maintenance
- enable more reliable and quicker journeys
- reduce carbon emissions.
This work will complement the Council’s own network recovery programme.
- DTCF: Appendix 1: Site Plan (PDF 5.24MB)
- DTCF: Appendix 2: Risk register (PDF 0.03MB)
- DTCF: Appendix 3: Programme of work (PDF 0.24MB)
- DTCF: Appendix 4: Benefit cost ratio analysis (PDF 0.78MB)
- DTCF: Appendix 5: Lessons learnt (PDF 0.06MB)
- DTCF: Appendix 6: Letter of support- Kate Hollern (PDF 0.26MB)
- DTCF: Appendix 7: Letter of support - Jake Berry (PDF 0.13MB)
- DTCF: Appendix 8: Letter of support - East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce (PDF 0.44MB)
- DTCF: Appendix 9: Letter of support - Hive (PDF 0.33MB)
- DTCF: DFt Challenge Fund Tranche 2A - Application form (PDF 0.37MB)
- DTCF: DFt Challenge Fund Tranche 2A - VFM proforma (PDF 0.01MB)